Monday 30 January 2012

Soft Meat and Alcoholic Milkshakes


My poor in laws. I often wonder if they would like a refund on this strange little awkward thing their son drug home. (The one who snorts too loud, drinks too much at family suppers to "loosen up a tad", giggles uncontrollably when anyone says anything remotely naughty and says inappropriate things to try and break awkward silences.  "Haaa haaa...that banana is huuuge....") 


Last night we were over for "pork chop night".  I'm not a grand lover of the chops, so I graciously declined.  Silence ensued and looks were passed...Feeling the awkward need to elaborate on my rejection, I began... "I love chops, seriously....but sometimes I find them a bit hard and chewy in my mouth...and I am in the mood for soft in my mouth...yep."  *Realises what was just said and makes awkward squished up face while shoving potatoes in mouth*  It's a real wonder my husband lets me out of the house. 


On a slightly related note, I was online shopping for my niece yesterday and came across the most fabulously perturbing toys.  I shall call the following section "Christmas Morning...Awkwardness Ensues" 




<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
It's a Lite Wand.....*snatches it from recipient and disappears*




<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
AHHHH!!!!  





 





<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Help!! I'm stuck inside a giant dong!!!
 I could literally go on for hours with the disturbing toys I found.  I'll leave the best one for tomorrow though...just to keep you guessing!  Also, feel free to share your own disturbing toy searches with me.  I'm always up for a giggle. 

**********************************************
It's Monday again (How the heck do they keep finding me??!!)  I'm thinking that the only thing to really get us all through today is an amazingly fabulous little treat...Yes I'm aware that at 10:00 in the morning, alcohol may or may not be the best option.  However, it's all in the name of blogging, so it's justified.  I found this super simple and DELICIOUS recipe for Oreo and Irish Cream Milkshakes


What you need:

Vanilla ice cream (I'm in love with breyers vanilla)
Milk
1 shot of Irish cream liqueur (one shot for the recipe, then one shot for you!!!)
1 shot chocolate liqueur (see above)
3 Oreo cookies + 1 more for garnish

Do it up:

Fill your intended glass up with packed ice cream.  Pour the milk in to the top of the glass.  Toss the mixture as well as your Irish Cream, Chocolate liquer and oreo cookies into the blender.  Mix it up.  Dance as you do this, just because you are about to have ice cream and liquer in your mouth. 

The website I got this from does a cute garnish with an extra oreo, so check it out here.  They have a ton of incredible recipes, so do yourself a favour and visit!  This would also work with the golden oreos or the chocolate covered  mint ones!   I'm thinking it would also be a great little treat to bring my in laws, so that they may forget about my "meat mistake"..... Now go and ENJOY!!!

Photo from The Hungry Mouse


Quote of the day:

"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait"-Mitch Hedberg

No comments:

Post a Comment